- This event has passed.
Introduction to Financial Abuse
July 31, 2019 @ 1:30 pm - 4:30 pm
Who should attend
Provider staff in adult social care, health, care homes, housing & the voluntary sector and non-clinicians who require a basic understanding of the topic. All participants should have an understanding of basic safeguarding principles & be familiar with Croydon’s Safeguarding Adults policy & procedure
Overview of the course
The purpose of this half-day course is to provide professionals working with vulnerable adults with a basic awareness of financial abuse & how it occurs. It focuses on the prevalence of financial abuse & the available options for investigating & safeguarding the assets of vulnerable adults in line with Safeguarding Adult Procedures.
Bu the end of the course paticipants will:
- Have a clear understanding of their roles & responsibilities in safeguarding adults from financial abuse
- Know the extent & prevalence of abuse amongst vulnerable adults
- Know how vulnerable adults can make safe choices in purchasing their own care
- Know the powers & duties of statutory bodies & financial institutions in preventing & detecting abuse
- Know the legal powers & interventions available in such cases
- To be confirmed