What we do
The Care Act Statutory Guidance says adult safeguarding is:
Safeguarding means protecting an adult’s right to live in safety, free from abuse and neglect. It is about people and organisations working together to prevent and stop both the risks and experience of abuse or neglect, while at the same time making sure that the adult’s wellbeing is promoted including, where appropriate, having regard to their views, wishes, feelings and beliefs in deciding on any action.
The CSAB has three core duties:
- To publish a Strategic Plan that sets out what the board has achieved and what it aims to achieve for the next year
- To publish an Annual Report detailing what the SAB has done during the year to achieve its main objective and implement its strategic plan, and include learning from any Safeguarding Adult Reviews
- Carry out Safeguarding Adult Reviews
The Croydon SAB has a number of sub groups to support the work of the Board and deliver on its strategic and annual plans. There are currently six sub groups and two Task & Finish Groups which are all governed by individual Terms of Reference. All Sub groups will be led by an agreed board member to ensure governance and accountability. Each will produce a quarterly report which will inform the Board on their progress on the activity for each of the groups.
Download the relevant documents…
- Annual Report 2016/17
- Annual Report 2017/18
- Annual Report 2018 – 19 Final
- CSAB Annual Report 2019 – 20 Final
- CSAB Annual Report 2020 2021 Final
- CSAB Annual Report FINAL 2021 2022
- CSAB Annual Report FINAL 2022 2023